Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KMcCarthy9
Helper IV
Helper IV

Table Formatting - Centered Values, Different Color Column Headers

This seems like it should be doable, yet I cannot figure it out. 

I have a table with multiple columns. I would like to color the column headers in different colors according to their grouping AND I would also like to center the column header and the values. 

Under Formatting - Values, there is no option for alignment. Under Formatting - Specific Column there are the options for alignment and to assign a background color and choose to apply it to column header and values. I want the alignment applied to both, but color only applied to column header. 

Is this doable?? 

Thank you!! 

6 REPLIES 6
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMcCarthy9 ,

According to your description, I create a sample.

vkalyjmsft_0-1656913532340.png

Here're two columns. If you want to color the Column1 header and center the column header and values for both columns, here's my solution.

1. In the Formatting pane>Specific column, select Column2 in the Series box, turn on the Apply to header and Apply to values option, select black in the Text color and checked the Alignment.

vkalyjmsft_1-1656915038464.png

But for Column1, except the text color remains the same, the rest of the settings are the same as Column2.

vkalyjmsft_3-1656915444488.png

2.In the Formatting pane>Column headers>Text, choose the color you want Column1 to render, get the result:

vkalyjmsft_4-1656915679247.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, Thank you for the response, however I don't beleive this solves my issue. 

I am looking for the background color of the column headers to be different colors, not the text. I could use your method and switch out background color for text color, but the option under Column Headers assigns the same color to all column headers, when ideally I want to color them differently depending on the data source (ie first 4 columns - background red, next 6 columns - background blue, etc). 

Did you ever figure out this issue? I'm looking to do the same thing, create column headers with different colors in a table, and cannot figure it out. I have seen it done but can't quite arrive at the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a round-about way of doing this. Use the specific column to centre all the values and colour the headers (and values) with the colour. Then add conditional formatting of the background colour to the values.

bh21_0-1686788731727.png

In this, use the gradient format style, and colour both ends of the gradient white.

bh21_1-1686788757544.png

This will then override the background colour of the values in the specific column field.

I can't believe this isn't an innate feature, but here we are.

Thanks for the work round. It would be nice if Microsoft added alignment options on the Values field rather than having to apply conditional formatting.

No I never did. Sorry!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.