Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table Format Changes When No Data With Filters

Working correctlyWorking correctlyNo Data changes formatNo Data changes formatFilteringFiltering

HI There

I did post a week ago and thought the issue was reslved but sadly not  (Matrix Format Changes WShen No Data Present   )

I've created Bandings in my SQL query and in PBI ive aded a matrix visual (as I want to be able to drillthrough) and i've filtered on what I require in that visual.

The issue I have is if there is data it work spot on but as soon as there is no data the format of the table changes. See screenshots

Hope this makes sense. Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Kar

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarenFingerhut ,

You want to show blank when there is no data not "Count of bk_property_key", right? I researched your previous thread and saw that you tried using the function IF.  I think I followed you. However , I couldn't create a sample to reproduce it. If you could share some sample data and tell us the relationships among the tables, it will be helpful for us.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly (via Greg_Deckler).

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Apologies for late reply.

Yes thats correct.  

I have created a band in my report .

If  cell = 1 THEN 'Yes Data", "No Data". I want to be able to filter on the 'yes' data but with a zero in the count. The issue is if the banding doesnt exist because the data doesnt  =1 then its not appearing as qan option to filter on.

It makes sense that it doesnt appear but I want to force it to appear

Does that make sense?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.