Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timothywright27
Frequent Visitor

Table Filtering Question

I've got a tricky one ... tricky for me at least  🙂

I have a table of Stores and a table of Surveys with a Many (Surveys) to One (Stores) relationship.  Surveys are completed each quarter for every store.

I have a DAX formula in place that says if survey score > 0 then 1.   That filters the 'Completed Surveys' table (also filtered by the Survey Date slicers).  but I'm having trouble identifying the exceptions to filter the 'Incomplete Surveys' table.  I can't simply say where Survey Score = 0 because the Date filters knock them all out as a Survey Date doesn't exist for those not completed.

Essentially I'm looking for something that says if exists in 'Completed Surveys' then don't show in 'Incomplete Surveys'

Appreciate any help or ideas!!!

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @timothywright27,

You don't need to post your senssive data. Just need some dummy data sharing the same table structure with your actual dataset. And please show us your desired output.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mvyhtcGR4ybRBIl3fm9b_jr1KMSpKn1S/view?usp=sharing

Just to recap...

Stores (One) to Surveys (Many)

One survey per store, per quarter.

I can't seem to figure out how to exclude Completed items from the Incomplete list.  And of course a date does not exist until the survey complete.

Any help would be greatly appreacited.  Thanks!

popov
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello, @timothywright27

Create Calculate Column at Survey Table, somthing like this:
Survey Status = IF (Survey[Survey Score] > 0, "Completed", "Incomleted" ) and use this column in slicer. 

Thanks for the response.  However, this doesn't factor in the Date Slicers.  The lists need to be filtered by the dates, but if no date exists then they will be eliminated from the 'Incomplete' List.  

Can you share your .pbix file?

I appreciate the help, but there is too much sensitive data attached to share publicly.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.