Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srlabhe123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Table Filter based on value from another table in different page

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where table1 has columns like Dept, In STock Rev, Out Stock Rev

Profit DepartmentIn StockOut Stock% OoS
Grocery - Dairy100.00%
Grocery - Floral100.00%
Meal Kits25824.20%
Floral58913.40%

Now hen I click on Grocery -Dairy (any value from column Profit Department)I want another Table 2 should be filtered for Grocery-Dairy values only.Please note the table 2 is on another page in same report.

Kndly suggest 

17 REPLIES 17
parry2k
Super User
Super User

There are few options:

- use drilldown functionality

- or use report level filters.

Currently selecting a row in a table on one page will not filter data on another page

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

can you please elaborate more how to use drill down to achive what I want?

on your 2nd page, in drillthroug Filters , add field "Profit Department"

on you page1, right click on "Proift Department" and it will show "Drillthrough" option in menu with your 2nd page listed in it, click that and you 2nd page will be filtered based on "Profit Department" you are drilling thru.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Step 1 done but when I right click on profit dept in page 1 it doesn't show me any option of drill through to page 2...

not sure why, just make sure it is same column in drillthrough.

Step 1 :- Added Profit Dept as drill through filter in page 2 as below

Added as Drill ThroughAdded as Drill ThroughNo Page 2 as in list after right clickNo Page 2 as in list after right click

you have to right click on the profit department in a visual not in columns under table, sorry i was not clear.

Its doesnt give me any menu if I right click on visual as well.... 

let's say you have table visual and "Profit Department" column in it, click on that column and you will see a menu and I expect drillthough option in there

Yes but user have to click on value and manually select the value as drill through Page 2...

What I want is to just click on any value in Profit Dept and then it should filter table in second page....

User Dont have to drill through and goto page 2....

As at start of this thread I mentioned there is no option as of yet, either drill thru or report level filter (2nd option), it will all pages with whatever value selected in report filter. You can try that.

Appreciate your effort ....

But How to setup selected value of table as report filter .... it seems that too is also not possible directly 

user have to pick value in report level filter, no way to use selected value. 😞

Agree ... as my requirement is to have dynamic filter based on the selected value in table...

HI @srlabhe123,

Current only drill through filter and report level filter can across report page, but they need to manually apply these filters.

For your requirement, I think you can vote below idea: 

Allows Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I got it .... but its not filtering table in page 2....

Perfect, we are step closer, not sure why it is not filtering. 

So you did see drillthrough option when right clicked on the column, correct?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.