Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table.Buffer

Hi, colleagues,

I have a problem evidently with indexing:

MistyRose_0-1641370209513.png

The initial code in the Advanced query is:

#"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Renamed Columns6", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),

How to fix it, I tried:

#"Added Index" = Table.Buffer (Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Renamed Columns6", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type)),

Then it refreshed and showed error in this line:

#"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(Source, "DepositClass", "DepositClass - Copy"),

But it is correct.

May be you have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Without the full code is difficult to give you what is happening in full however from the code you present I cannot determine that the error comes from the buffer since the Duplicated step is refering to the Source step and the Index step is referecing the Renamed Columns step.

I believe that if the error was related with this step the errors would come on steps that relate with the Index step or are after taht step being related with it.

Can you share full code? If it has sensitive information share it trough private message

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.