Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Tab (sheet) groups and managment

Good morning!   As my PowerBI reporting grows - so does the complexity of managing all the visuals and tabs (sheets). 

1) Is there a way to manage or group tabs.    We have ways of grouping bookmarks, would there be something similar for tabs?    I am finding it very difficult to find certain tabs - as a scroll thru tabs at the bottom.    Are there options I am not aware of?

2)  Same thing holds true for visuals - some way of labeling a visual, and then searching for that visual across all tabs?

Always appreciate the wisdom of the forum!

daryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Dellis81 

As regards finding tabs, PBI has a little hidden secret… In Desktop, If you right click on the Tab/Sheet navigation arrows in the bottom left corner of the screen, you get list display of all your sheets. making it easy to reach the one you are looking for:

2019-11-01 (4).png

I also create a Menu page as my first page in my projects, with thumbnails to each sheet in the report (using bookmarks) and a "Home" button in every sheet to return to the main menu. (see example above)

Haven't yet come across a suitable solution for you request on visuals though.

Hope it helps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Dellis81 

As regards finding tabs, PBI has a little hidden secret… In Desktop, If you right click on the Tab/Sheet navigation arrows in the bottom left corner of the screen, you get list display of all your sheets. making it easy to reach the one you are looking for:

2019-11-01 (4).png

I also create a Menu page as my first page in my projects, with thumbnails to each sheet in the report (using bookmarks) and a "Home" button in every sheet to return to the main menu. (see example above)

Haven't yet come across a suitable solution for you request on visuals though.

Hope it helps.

In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Paul on Linkedin.

The right click on the tab scroll arrows is an awesome little short cut.  Thanks 🙂

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, thank you, right clicking on the lower right sheet arrows helps.   I did not know that.    I do have a front tab used as a navigation for all the primary pages, but am thinking of creating a second "content" page for all the drill thru and tooltip pages. 

Thank you both!

Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey, I'm not aware of a method of grouping tabs I'm afraid.

As far as visuals, I always give my visuals individual titles, even if i don't display the title, it makes it much easier to when dealing with multiple bookmarks etc.  You can easily find it then/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.