Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

TWO TYPES of data IN THE SAME COLUMN

Hello ,

I am looking for a solution for a column that has all the data of my measurements, this column contains percentages, texts, numbers, letters/figures at the same time (example A20). So the type of this column is neither text nor decimal. it's impossible to define a single type for this column.

I need to process the data from my various reports by using this column and sometimes put in the same graph all this data (matrice with text and number)

OTHER QUESTION please (example 'A09' 'A46' 'A26' A.... I HAVE TO AVERAGE ALL THESE NUMBERS AND PUT THE 'A' BACK IN THE RESULTS.

how can I proceed plz ?

thank you so much 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: TWO TYPES of data IN THE SAME COLUMN

@user83 , You can only have one data type for one column. But You can process a similar type of value as per need.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: TWO TYPES of data IN THE SAME COLUMN

@user83 , You can only have one data type for one column. But You can process a similar type of value as per need.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors