Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
didierwindey Visitor
Visitor

TOTALYTD powerpivot > not calculating

Hi,

I need the YTD totals for a reporting project with PowerPivot (not PowerBI).  Whatever I try, the values are not adding, an I just get the original value... 

TOTALYTD(SUM([AantalVanNaar-magazijneenheid); tblDatums(Datum)) and some variations

I have a dates table, linked to the other tables. Is there some issue here ?

Knipsel2.PNGKnipsel1.PNG

thanks in advance

Didier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Re: TOTALYTD powerpivot > not calculating

Hi Didier,

As we can see from your picture, you can't create a proper relationship with the columns that you already have. The relationship should base on the dates rather than the first day of the month. You can check it out in this file.

I think you need to make some changes of the formula to make it work as a calculated column. (I tested with TOTALMTD)

=
CALCULATE (
    TOTALMTD ( SUM ( [Value] ), 'RightTable'[Date] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'RightTable', 'RightTable'[date] )
)

TOTALYTD_powerpivot_not_calculating

BTW, please go to here for professional help if you have questions about Excel. If this helps, please mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Re: TOTALYTD powerpivot > not calculating

Hi Didier,

As we can see from your picture, you can't create a proper relationship with the columns that you already have. The relationship should base on the dates rather than the first day of the month. You can check it out in this file.

I think you need to make some changes of the formula to make it work as a calculated column. (I tested with TOTALMTD)

=
CALCULATE (
    TOTALMTD ( SUM ( [Value] ), 'RightTable'[Date] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'RightTable', 'RightTable'[date] )
)

TOTALYTD_powerpivot_not_calculating

BTW, please go to here for professional help if you have questions about Excel. If this helps, please mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors