Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RanHo
Helper IV
Helper IV

TOTAL SUM OF TARGET PER MONTH

Good day Guys!

Need some help, I have a table here:
TABLE.PNG

and I want to get the total target of team per month  and show at as a column.
OUTPUT-.PNG
Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RanHo ,

The effect that can be achieved is this. Put the actual value and target value into the column value.

vstephenmsft_0-1639104895892.png

Or you can create a measure to calculate the difference between the actual value and the target value.

vstephenmsft_1-1639105165424.png

Or you can manually add a constant line in Analytics, but this line is a fixed value.

vstephenmsft_6-1639105388073.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RanHo ,

Did you want one of the following results?

vstephenmsft_0-1639041798580.png

vstephenmsft_1-1639041853099.png

You can download the attachment to check.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft 
Not like that Sir, i want to achieve the TOTAL TARGET of TEAM per MONTH and then use it as TARGET IN LINE CHART. I will give an example. I want to show it like this wherein the total Target of Team per Month is the Green so that i can compare it with actual data i have.

Sample1.PNG

Hi @RanHo ,

The effect that can be achieved is this. Put the actual value and target value into the column value.

vstephenmsft_0-1639104895892.png

Or you can create a measure to calculate the difference between the actual value and the target value.

vstephenmsft_1-1639105165424.png

Or you can manually add a constant line in Analytics, but this line is a fixed value.

vstephenmsft_6-1639105388073.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft  I'll try it Sir , this might work as alternate.

Hi,

How have you calculated the target value of 15?  Is that the calculated average of all 12 months or is that a figure which already appears in your data?  Also, share the download link of your PBI file. 

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

@Ashish_Mathur  The 15 is only example, yes Sir I want to get the total target of Team for 12 months which is I cant get.

I had also requested for a download link of your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Picture4.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim 
Not this Sir,  the thing I want to achieve Sir the total of target per Month base on my example data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RanHo , Based on what I got .

Matrix visual - Month on Column, nothing on rows

Sum of Target as values

If needed use property - Show on row - On

@amitchandak 

What if I want to use the target per month in Line Chart and want to compare it with the score per team? I think it will not work. Do I need to make a measure?

@RanHo , You can take team on rows. and You can use sum of target as measure

@amitchandak 

This is the example I want to achieve Sir , is it possible?

Sample1.PNG

unfortunately Sir, not working for me. How can I get the total sum of target per month using dax?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.