Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thliberato
Helper I
Helper I

TOPN current month x quantity Tickets Last Month

Good Morning. I need help.

I Have one fact table named F_incidents.
I created 3 measure listed below:

-Qtde Raised sem vazio= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(F_Incidentes);F_Incidentes[CATEGORIA_KPI]="Raised";F_Incidentes[COD_SEQ_SISTEMA]>0)

Raised TopN = if(HASONEVALUE(dTOPN[TOPN]);if(rankx(all(D_Sistema[SISTEMA]);[Qtde Raised sem vazio])<=values(dTOPN[TOPN]);[Qtde Raised sem vazio];blank()))

Rank = rankx(all(D_Sistema[SISTEMA]);[Qtde Raised sem vazio])

With these mesuares I created the [TOP5 System (ticket number) x November (Selected in calendar filter)] Bar Graph.

This graph shows top5 Systems with the bigest quantity of tickets per month (I selected the month in a filter). (Like first grah in a example.

Now, I need your help to include in the same bar graph an additional information (Column):

Quantity of tickets considering the previous month considering that one selected in a filter.

Example.

I Choose in a calendar filter: November.

First graph shows top5 system x November.

TOP5.JPG

The second graph need shows top5 System (november) x Quantity tickets previous month (October ins this example).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bourquejeff
Frequent Visitor

I've solved your problem using the PREVIOUSMONTH function in DAX. I have a workbook I can send you with the solution if you have an email address I can send it to.

In short:

Make sure you have a calendar table where the date field is data type: "Date" and you also have a date field with data type: "Date" on your TicketSales table. 

For TOPN, you can just use the new filter in Power BI: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/preview/#topN

Then, add this measure (edited with your specific information):

TicketsLastMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(TicketSales[Ticket Sales]), PREVIOUSMONTH('Calendar'[Date]))

Add the Month slicer from your Calendar table, then add a Clustered Column Chart with your System on Axis, and TicketSales and TicketsLastMonth on Values.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bourquejeff
Frequent Visitor

I've solved your problem using the PREVIOUSMONTH function in DAX. I have a workbook I can send you with the solution if you have an email address I can send it to.

In short:

Make sure you have a calendar table where the date field is data type: "Date" and you also have a date field with data type: "Date" on your TicketSales table. 

For TOPN, you can just use the new filter in Power BI: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/preview/#topN

Then, add this measure (edited with your specific information):

TicketsLastMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(TicketSales[Ticket Sales]), PREVIOUSMONTH('Calendar'[Date]))

Add the Month slicer from your Calendar table, then add a Clustered Column Chart with your System on Axis, and TicketSales and TicketsLastMonth on Values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.