Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yumhao
Employee
Employee

TOP N filter returns LESS THAN N rows

Hi, I used TOP N filter to get data in a table visual. But if I use other visual level filters\page level filters\report level filters, LESS THAN N row would return.

May I know any work around method to deal with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yumhao,

In this scenario, without removing the conflicts between your TopN filter and other Page/Report Level filters, I don't think it is possible to do it.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yumhao,

As a visual filter applies to a single visual on a report page.  A page filter applies to all the visuals on the report page. And a report filter applies to all pages in the report, your TopN filter get less than N records may because your other Page\Report Level filters have already limit the result on the table. 

For example, if I set TopN filter on a table visual to show the top 3 countries with the total sales like below.

r1.PNG

And I also set a Page Level filter to select only two countries, then only two countries will be shown on the table.

r2.PNG

Regards

Thanks for your reply! Do you have any work-around suggestions?? If I do hope to get TOP 10 cities' data with other filters affected?

Thanks again!

Hi @yumhao,

In this scenario, without removing the conflicts between your TopN filter and other Page/Report Level filters, I don't think it is possible to do it.Smiley Happy

Regards

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

can u please share some sample data and what result that u expect . it will help us to understand what u ooking for exactly .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.