Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rlansing Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

TIBCO Spotfire vs Power BI

Hello,

My company is doing research into what visualization program to use. I personally prefer Power BI due to the ease of use; however, the DAX language has taken awhile to figure out. I see Spotfire uses S+ as its calculation language. Does anyone have experience with both? Can you help me compare and contrast the two products? Obviously the price difference is huge, but what else about either product makes it preferred?

Thank you!

Bobby

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TIBCO Spotfire vs Power BI

Here is a link to a good side-by-side comparison

https://www.g2crowd.com/compare/microsoft-power-bi-vs-tibco-spotfire

vasubuddi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: TIBCO Spotfire vs Power BI

Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that evaluates data and shares insights. It allows users to observe their business from every device and at any point any time.

TIBCO Spotfire products presents a visual and interactive experience that assists developers swiftly discover new and actionable insights in information.

Best feature with Microsoft BI tool is it has ability to carry out complex business modeling through DAX calculations. While best feature with TIBCO Spotfire is there us no row/column limitations. Many of the datasets of interest have tens of millions of rows and hundreds to thousands of columns

But the fact is that each product still has positions of leadership. Spotfire is best at advanced dashboard functionality,  and Power BI is also superior in numerous ways. Some of them are listed below

• Absolute control of rabid Excel users (especially in Finance and Accounting roles) will find an easy in for Power BI.
  • The price (free), elegant graphics (D3) and automated dashboard abilities are super for new users.
  • This product also have a strong R integration .

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,338)