Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rlansing
Resolver I
Resolver I

TIBCO Spotfire vs Power BI

Hello,

My company is doing research into what visualization program to use. I personally prefer Power BI due to the ease of use; however, the DAX language has taken awhile to figure out. I see Spotfire uses S+ as its calculation language. Does anyone have experience with both? Can you help me compare and contrast the two products? Obviously the price difference is huge, but what else about either product makes it preferred?

Thank you!

Bobby

3 REPLIES 3
aashah40

Any migration accelerators available for moving from Tibco Spotfire to Power BI?

vasubuddi
Regular Visitor

Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that evaluates data and shares insights. It allows users to observe their business from every device and at any point any time.

TIBCO Spotfire products presents a visual and interactive experience that assists developers swiftly discover new and actionable insights in information.

Best feature with Microsoft BI tool is it has ability to carry out complex business modeling through DAX calculations. While best feature with TIBCO Spotfire is there us no row/column limitations. Many of the datasets of interest have tens of millions of rows and hundreds to thousands of columns

But the fact is that each product still has positions of leadership. Spotfire is best at advanced dashboard functionality,  and Power BI is also superior in numerous ways. Some of them are listed below

• Absolute control of rabid Excel users (especially in Finance and Accounting roles) will find an easy in for Power BI.
  • The price (free), elegant graphics (D3) and automated dashboard abilities are super for new users.
  • This product also have a strong R integration .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to a good side-by-side comparison

https://www.g2crowd.com/compare/microsoft-power-bi-vs-tibco-spotfire

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.