Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YJ
Resolver II
Resolver II

TEXTFilter to work on multiple fields

Hi there,

I have been working on the TEXTFILTER (from MS) and instead of the textbox returning all values when the TEXTBOX is empty, i want it to show the table to be empty till there is a text.

I have been trying to make this work: and got a partial solution from: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Visualisations-blank-until-something-selected-in-a-slicer/t...

From the suggestion in the above i create a measure:

CUPS_UNI_CHK = if(calculate(distinctcount(TestData[GROUPID]),allselected(TestData[GROUPID]))=1,"Y","N")
and put this as a filter in the visual level filter ( when contain "Y")
With one columnWith one column

This works when i have only one column: GROUPID ( even this does not work always in the case of "A1", i believe cause of the existence of "A11")

However when i added a 2nd column, for example CODIDIOMA, it works but for some columns like CODCLI it does not work anymore ( see below)

with more then 2 columnswith more then 2 columns

Can anyone explained why it doesn't and how best to resolve this??(pbix file below)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1couzM85XXfm-bhIgAiEkgbSsi3cR8mU0 

Thanks

Sk

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YJ ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YJ ,

I do not know how to solve it. But there is one workaround to refer: Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection.

transparent-measure.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.