Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TDS endpoint error

Hi all,

I have one report where my datasource is CDS direct query. And now it is throwing error of TDS endpoint. 

But now I want to change the use the same datasource using CDS connector

How can I do that?

1 REPLY 1
W_G_Ryan
Helper I
Helper I

If I'm following the question, you were executing a Query in PBI using DirectQuery and the TDS Endpoint and now it's not working?  Microsoft had disabled that feature (even if you see it set to enabled in the portal) b/c of a security flaw.  You can't execute SQL right now, there's a Common Data Service connector in preview but it has the same problem. If you can use import mode, you can just change the connection type, and using the CDS connector instead of the Azure SQL connector.  Several people have reported this, here are a few links that may help keep you up to date as many of us have support tickets in with it:

TDS Endpoint Disabled 

TDS Update 

Discussion in Power App Community 

If you're just wondering how to connect to common data service with import mode, you can just use the connector.  Let me know if you need any helpCommonDataStore.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.