Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Strickleyt
Frequent Visitor

Syntax Conflict between Advanced Editor and Custom Column Builder

Screenshot of Error and ConflictScreenshot of Error and Conflict

Please look at this snapshot which shows my code.  I don't understand what the conflict is for the Express.Error presented when it clearly shows 'no syntax errors have been detected'.  Can someone help me?  This code works fine when I use in the Presentation Layer and create a calculated column to determine my last weekend.  I use TODAY or NOW and both work fine there.  I appreciate the assist, I have searched forums and cannot find any help Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With no disrespect, I hesitate to say this is resolved as your answer only points out the obvious which is incredibly frustrating to a user looking for a real answer that doesn't involve learning yet one more language and the 'custom column' builder should have taken care of this or give me a message 'DOESNT WORK NEED POWER QUERY M SYNTAX- if this were written obviously somewhere then I would take it as a known universal answer and would have never tried the approach provided in Power BI.  These nuances are not straight forward and I know I am not the only person having issues with these 'nuances' that are just horrible.  It's like throwing spaghetti at a wall constantly to see what sticks.   Users shouldn't have to do that. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.