Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Synoptic Panel states & filtering

I'm having a couple of issues with this custom visual and none of the previous answers or guides have helped...

I have a map with a few hundred components that each have one of 8 status' assigned to them - I'd like each of them to be a different colour based on this status - this is achievable using the subcategory on the Synoptic Panel visual as shown in image 1.img 1img 1

However when I select an individual component - square D in the example it filters by subcategory (Proposed Modify) rather than ID as shown in img 2.Capture2.PNG

Now I know I can achieve colour differentiation using the manual states but that only allows me 5 options. Does anyone know how I can achieve the desired result - 8 different colour states for the components but being able to individually select them and display linked data in the table?

I've read bits about using a new measure and states but I can't get my head around it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Or do like this?

ac7.PNG

Since I don’t have a similar SVG image, I can’t do more testing.

In addition, there should be such a relationship between the components and your data, right? 

ac8.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Or do like this?

ac7.PNG

Since I don’t have a similar SVG image, I can’t do more testing.

In addition, there should be such a relationship between the components and your data, right? 

ac8.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Lionel, I had never considered that I could use my component ID in the subcategory field. It all seems so obvious now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.