I figure either I'm missing something very obvious or something's wrong with the Synoptic Panel
If I add an SVG and list a catgeory, it matches the name used when creating the SVG. But if I add a subcategory, the category name gets changed to a subcategory.
Here is the design screen. Note the category named "Category" and the subcategories named "Subcategory1", "Subcategory 2", etc.
When I load that into the Synoptic Panel visual and add "Catgeory" from my table to the Category section, it displays correctly in the top box.
But when I add Subcategory from my table to the Subcategory section, "Category" gets changed to "Subcategory 4".
It does this regardless of what names I assign to the box in the SVG. Any thoughts?
What's your data like? If it's possible the title is from the values?
Sorry. I should have posted that to begin with.
The data is obviously represenational. I'm having the same issue with other data sets, both manually entered and imported from an XLS.
I'll add that there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to which subcategory replaces the category. It's not realted to an alphabetical sort or which subcategory comes first in the data list. If I've got a dozen categories, each of them seems to get replaced with a random subcategory.
Sorry, scratch that last comment. It is realted to an alphabetical sort. The subcategory that replaces the category is always the last subcatgeory, when sorted alphabetically.
So, I'm taking one more crack at this. If it can't be resolved then I simply can't use the Synoptic Panel. I have to say though, it seems like this would be relatively simple to spot, whether it's something I've done or something amiss in the either Power BI or the Synoptic Panel.