Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Synoptic Panel by OKviz

HI,

I'm using Synoptic Panel to display floor plans when one building and one floor are selected in filters. And that works fine. What I do not understand is what  is the logic of displaying random floorplan if there isn't one selection in filters for building and floor? I would like to use such case to place logo or some message to instruct user what to do, because random floorplans are misleading.

Thanks, 

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked with author of Synoptic Visual and that isn't possible.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your scenario clearly.

if it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnSJaLBEuy57wBk-9PQrakQxZ4yTVEX-/view?usp=sharing

So I want to display Logo when no filter is selected, or more then one item per filter is selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I downloaded your report and I saw that you could change the map using a slicer. how were you able to do that?

I tried linking to a file stored locally but I had no luck.

Hi @Anonymous,

You could refer to the measure below and put the measure to the Field Measure in the visual.

Measure =
IF (
    OR ( ISFILTERED ( Table2[Building] ), ISFILTERED ( Table2[Number] ) ),
    MAX ( 'tblGitLinksForFloorPlans'[Building_Floor] ),
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( 'tblGitLinksForFloorPlans'[GIT_LINK] ),
        FILTER (
            'tblGitLinksForFloorPlans',
            'tblGitLinksForFloorPlans'[Building_Floor] = "LOGO"
        )
    )
)

Then the Logo will be displayed when no filter is selected.

Capture.PNG

You could modify the measure above acording to your requirement.

You also have a reference of my test file which has been attached.

Hope this is your expected.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I tried to apply your measure but measure doesn't change underlying svg in synoptic panel. For this to work I would need to find a way to filter table with svg links based on measure, and I do not know if that is even possible. Map field in synoptic visual is critical one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked with author of Synoptic Visual and that isn't possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.