cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hummingbird
Regular Visitor

Synoptic Panel by OKviz - Conditional Formatting

Hi everyone,

I am trying to follow the official OKviz guide on setting the conditional formating for the visual: https://okviz.com/blog/states-in-custom-visuals/

However, am struggling with understanding all the steps.

Essentially, I would like to create a Green to Red gradient where the the target will be top value on the map, hence dynamically changing.

Screenshot_20211126-184815_Chrome.jpg

10% below highest value will be Green, 20% below will be Amber and anything below Red. 

Screenshot_20211126-185046_Chrome.jpg

 Is this something possible to create with the Synoptic Panel? If so, what would the best approach in setting up states and measures? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Hummingbird 

If I understand you correctly, you can directly create three measures then apply them to the 'States' section of 'Fields' panel.

Good =0.9 * [heighest value]
Ok=0.8*[heighest value]
Poor=0*[heighest value]

Then need to set the 'Comparison' of 'State' section in ’Format‘ panel to '>='  and set the color of each state.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hummingbird
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

That's exactly what I was looking for! Ended up being such a simple solution, thank you. 

Currently trying to figure out a way of using a slider to choose between two external .svg URL maps. Do you know any easy tips with this one?

Thanks

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Hummingbird 

If I understand you correctly, you can directly create three measures then apply them to the 'States' section of 'Fields' panel.

Good =0.9 * [heighest value]
Ok=0.8*[heighest value]
Poor=0*[heighest value]

Then need to set the 'Comparison' of 'State' section in ’Format‘ panel to '>='  and set the color of each state.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors