Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mstranseth
Frequent Visitor

Synoptic Panel: Issue with States Measuers

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with Synoptic Panel. I have created a map of my company's call center that displays the employee's ID (hidden for this post) and the number of calls they took for the selected day. I want to use Synoptic Panel's states feature to color code the employee's area based on the number of calls they took and how that number compares to the mean, lower and upper standard deviations. The mean, 1-below-STDEV, and 1-above-STDEV values are measures.

Below are images of how my data and visual fields are configured.

SynopticFields.PNG

SynopticVisualFields.PNG

Below is a table of the values of these measures for the selected data range.

STDEV values.PNG

Ideally what should occurr is that any CSR who took less than 40 calls will display with the color red. However, it appears Synoptic Panel is coloring everyone who took less than 65 calls (the mean) with red. What's strange is that when I bind a measure with a hardcoded value of 40 in the "States" field, it works. This led me to believe that my measure is somehow calculating incorrectly, but based on the table that does not appear to be the case.

CallCenterMap.PNG

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? I've been trying to fix it for a few days but nothing comes to mind. I'm hoping I'm missing something incredibly obvious.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mstranseth ,

You may check Data colors in the Format section.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-chuncz-msft

Thank you for your reply! I'm not sure what options under the Data Colors section I should be looking at. Enabling the Saturate feature sort of helps, as the lowest values are much less saturated than the higher values; however the main issue that the comparison is based off the mean rather than the defined measure is still ocurring.

Thank you!

In the format panel, if you choose as comparison operator > or >= the states are sorted by descending order and if the operator is < or <= the states are sorted by their values in ascending order. If you pur =, the measures will not be sorted. I recommend you treat the data in power query in order to obtain a range 1-5, then you can attribute a state to each one of them.

In this article, it is better explained:

https://okviz.com/blog/states-in-custom-visuals/

I hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.