Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avinrosh
Frequent Visitor

Syncing the filter for a measure obtained combining two measures from different tables

I need a help for following situation. I have to deal will two tables. 1. one has revenue data till date 2. second has forecast for sales from the current date. Hence I get the cumulative revenue from the revenue table till date. I use following measure and get following table.

mes = if(contains(RevenueData,RevenueData[Sale/Purchase],"Sales"),calculate(sum(RevenueData[Revenue]), filter(all(Calendar_Period),Calendar_Period[Date]<= max(Calendar_Period[Date]))),sum(RevenueData[Revenue]))

revenue.JPG The line plot for this table reacts to a filter.

Again I have another measure for forecast sales. The measure and the table for this looks like this.

test3 = CALCULATE(sum(ChargeTable[Probablised]), ChargeTable[Status] in {"Secured", "Pipeline"},CROSSFILTER(ChargeTable[Period],Calendar_Period[Date],Both),filter(all(Calendar_Period), Calendar_Period[Date]>= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1) && Calendar_Period[Date] <= max(Calendar_Period[Date])))

forecast.JPGThe line plot for this table reacts to the same table.

I want to create a third measure which is sum of these two measure

test4= [mes]+ [test3]

combined.JPGHere I am finding the issue, I expect the values from August will add the foreast of the month and the revenue till date. e.g. 14,617,437.03 + 2,778,236.57. But I get cumulative values of individual tables.

I was able to get the intended table modifying the first measure as following

Revenue_Cumulative = CALCULATE(sum(RevenueData[Revenue in GBP_1]),filter(all(RevenueData), RevenueData[Sale/Purchase] in {"Sales"} && RevenueData[Month] <= max(Calendar_Period[Date]) ))

and get following table

correcttable.JPGBut the same filter reacts only to the second measure test3 and this does not have any effect on the values of the updated "mes" measure.

How can I get the cumulative vales for the combined tables and the line graph for the combined table should react to the same filter.

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @avinrosh,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @avinrosh,

Due to I could not reproduce your data structure, I have entered some sample data, you could refer to it:

1.Sample data(I have entered two measures):

Measure1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[value]))

Table 1

1.PNG

Measure2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[value]))

Table 2

2.PNG

2.Create a calendar table, a month column and create relationships.

New Table:

Table = CALENDAR("2018/1/1","2018/12/31")

New column:

Month name = FORMAT('Table'[Date],"MMMM")

3.PNG

4.PNG

3.Create a measure and a Table visual. Add the related field, you can see the correct result.

Measure 3 = var a=[Measure1]

var b=[Measure 2]

return a+b

5.PNG

If I misunderstood you, could you please offer me more information about your data structure or share your pbix file if possible?

You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/px7ui96sl59bctw/Syncing%20the%20filter%20for%20a%20measure%20obtained%20co...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought of appending the two tables in Power Query first? Rename the summable columns as the same. Add another column for the source type - value Actuals and Forecast. Judging from your DAX, you may need further manipulation to get both tables to match.
Then with a single table you can use simple DAX to sum across the months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors