Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tlawson004

Syncing an aggregated measures across pages

Hi there, 

I am trying to sync measures across pages. I have multiple slicers (across pages) that are feeding into a final measure output (that all works fine). Finally, I want to put the end result (i.e. the measure with the selected filters) back into the input pages so you can see the impact on the final output by making changes to the various feeder pages / slicers. In Excel, it would be the equivalent of calling a cell from another tab using "=", however obviously there is a layer of filters being applied here. 

Any tips? I've been investigating cross-page filters, playing with different combinations of syncing but can't get it to work. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlawson004 

We can use the sync slicer feature to meet your requirement, firstly we need to turn on this feature in View tab. You can refer to the online document as below to find more details. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-1.png

Select the slicer you want to sync, turn on the final page you want to effect for every slicer in the right pane called “Sync slicers”.

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-2.png

Then it should work fine in your scenario.

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-3.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-4.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-5.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-6.png

BTW, pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlawson004

Great thanks for that. All sorted!

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlawson004 

We can use the sync slicer feature to meet your requirement, firstly we need to turn on this feature in View tab. You can refer to the online document as below to find more details. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-1.png

Select the slicer you want to sync, turn on the final page you want to effect for every slicer in the right pane called “Sync slicers”.

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-2.png

Then it should work fine in your scenario.

Syncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-3.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-4.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-5.pngSyncing-an-aggregated-measures-across-pages-6.png

BTW, pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.