Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexHill
Regular Visitor

Synchronise drill on multiple visualisations

Hey,

Moving over to PowerBi after years of reporting in Excel and more recently business objects. Initially amazed at what it can do but starting to find little annoyances with some of the behaviour. So, in business objects Webi I loved the "Synchronise Drill on Report Blocks" option.

For those unfarmiliar, if you had multiple visualisations that shared the same hierarchy, and you drilled one of those say from layer1 to layer2, the other visualisations with the shared hierarchy would also move from layer1 to layer2.

In a PowerBi sense i'd expect such an option to be under the "Edit Interactions" option but can't see anyway to achieve this, am I missing something? is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AlexHill Looks like a hot idea that is shared with many. Check out the ideas forum, and add your votes/comment here. I would imagine the direct comparison to functionality in another tool might add weight.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@AlexHill Looks like a hot idea that is shared with many. Check out the ideas forum, and add your votes/comment here. I would imagine the direct comparison to functionality in another tool might add weight.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey Eno,

Thanks for taking the time to reply - i've updated that idea as you've suggested - fingers crossed for a solution soon (but won't hold my breath given it was raised years ago!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.