Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SimonJacobs
Helper I
Helper I

Synchronise Y-Axis Across Multiple Charts

I have a dashboard with 6 stacked bar charts.  All charts show data from the table but each chart shows a data from a different country.  I want to synchronise the max dimension of the y-axis across the charts so that all charts use the same dimensions on the axis to make it easier to visually compare data across countries.  I want to avoid setting the axis dimensions manually because the data is added to over time so in future could exceed the current maximum.  Can this be done?

Thanks,

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SimonJacobs,

Do you want to set same minimum value and maximum value for Y-Axis across the 6 stacked bar charts?

If that is the case, according to my knowledge, there is no method to change the axis dimensions automatically. To make the process simpler, you can click one chart on the report page in Power BI Desktop, then press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all the charts, and enter Start and End values in Format option as shown in the following screenshot.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for the response.  I have a couple of scenarios - one where the I need the axis to be the same across 6 charts and another where I have 6 pairs of charts and need the axis to be the same within each pair of charts but potentiall different between pairs.

Your suggestion helps if there is no way to automatically synchronise the axis so thank you.  It's just a little manual as the data is updated on a weekly basis and if a value comes in in future weeks that exceeds the maximum value of the axis then I'd need to manually update it.  I have seen methods in other software where a measure is used that calculates a value 10% higher than the maximum value across the whole data set/all charts.  This is then charted as a line on the chart which is hidden by changing the colour to white.  However whilst I have been able to produce such a measure and change the line colour to white  I cannot switch off the data labels for the measure alone meaning (as far as I'm aware) I have to choose between showing the data labels for the reference line - which I don't want to do - or switch of all data labels on the chart - which I also do not want to do.

It sounds like there is no ideal solution.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi @SimonJacobs,

Would you mind sharing me the PBIX file? Or you can share me sample data and screenshot about your sceanrio.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.