Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmn_3k

Synced Slicer with SPO Embedded Reports - each page in a different web part

Hi,

I run into the following situation: I have a PBI report with 3 pages.  I created a sync'ed slicer for all pages and left only the one in the first page visible.  Working in PBI Desktop, the synced slicer works just fine and the data refreshes correctly in all 3 pages when the slicer selection inthe first page changes.  I published the report to PBI Online and then generated a link to embed the report in SharePoint Online.  I need to embed each of the PBI report pages in a different web part (one after the other) so that all information from the 3 pages is shown at once.  I created 3 Power BI web parts each pointing to the same report link but each to a different page in the report.  My expectation was that when the user changes the slicer selection in the first embeded report (first page), all the other embeded pages also update the data accordingly.  This is not happening.  To validate, I made all slicers in all pages visible and confirmed that changing the selection in one of the embeded report pages does not affect the others.  Is this possible or does the sync function of the slicer breaks the moment I embed the different pages as different web parts?  Ho

2 REPLIES 2
NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @vmn_3k  as per my understanding the sync will not happen if report pages on different web pages(URLs).

While loading a page, web server will not check slicers value from PBI Server.

Cheersm,

-Namish B

@NamishB - Thank you for your response.  Each page of the report is actually a separate web part within the same SPO web page, so no different URLs.  However, that also seems to be a limitation for the sync to work, as you explained. I might need to go with embedding just one web part and enable navigation controls so the user can change pages in the report itself.  

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.