Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slc7456
Advocate III
Advocate III

Sync slicers with bookmarks

Purpose: Synce slicer across Bookmarks.  

Background: I would like my date slicer to sync across bookmarks. In the below example I selected Q3 as my time frame in the "Everyone" bookmark. However, when I go to the "Mountaineering" bookmark my time frame selection is removed. 

Can slicers sync across bookmarks and pages? Or only pages? 

everyone.pngMountaineering.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Slicers sync across pages, not bookmarks. That being said, it is possible that perhaps if you turn on selection controls that you may be able to achieve your desired result. My thinking is that perhaps you can save your bookmark without cross filters and then perhaps your synchronized slicers might work and not get their values removed by the bookmark.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if your page has many objects as in my case (I've 8 different objects) and to apply individual filters would be really cumbersome and what is client expects to have a filter which affects all the visuals in one go rather than applying individual filters?

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ,

I don't think Power BI can achieve this function for now... I also try that which I believe is more effective, however it doesn't work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this with the filters pane? I'm also facing the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. This Works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.