PavanManvi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sync slicers with bookmarks

Thank you. This Works.

jailenwong Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ccctourn ,

Thank you for your solution. However if I keep my slicers retained, my page filters data associted with each toggle button are not working. Could you please check and see if I am missing something? 

Here is the business use case: 

End-user would like to select specific regions and venues and see sub-rental expense, purchsaed expeses and other types of expenses for selected regions and veunes. 

My approach is:

1. add Regions and Venues filters

2. create three toggle buttons to intereact show corresponding data (Note: as I am using Live connection, I am not able to group each expense item into , so what I did is to create three bookmark to show each type of expense by applying PAGE FILTER)

For example, I applied filters to filter out other types of expense and bookmark it. Same as Sub-rental and Purchased expenses.

3. create three buttons to link to bookmarks to these types of expenses. 

4. Select visuals and exclude "Regions" and "Venues" filters , then update the bookmark. 

However, it turned out filters remain the same in different bookmark, but my page filter also remain the same , which should not. as three pages for three filtered set of expenses...

could you plesae check ? Appreciate your help ahead! 

I also attached my screenshot for your review. result.pngbookmark.png

Jailene

sirsh123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this with the filters pane? I'm also facing the same issue.

ccctourn Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @jailenwong

As I understand it, you want to keep filters on Regions and Venues BUT you also want to keep your page filters which are different (in function of your choice : sub-rental, purchased or others). 

My first idea is to think that even if you're creating bookmarks, you are still working on the same page (& same filters).

Did you try to apply your filter not on the page but on the object(s) ? For example, instead of applying this filters on page, apply them on your different objects (table, graph...). You'll need to repeat the action for each of your 3 pages and begin again the operation (select everything except your slicers, then update your bookmark). 

Please, let me know if that helps, 

sirsh123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

What if your page has many objects as in my case (I've 8 different objects) and to apply individual filters would be really cumbersome and what is client expects to have a filter which affects all the visuals in one go rather than applying individual filters?

Any thoughts?

Frequent Visitor

Hi @ccctourn ,

Yes, that works well! Thank you so much!

@sirsh123 ,

please refer to @ccctourn 's suggestion to fix the issue. It works for me. Let me know if you need help with.

Regards,

Jailene

Frequent Visitor

@sirsh123 ,

I don't think Power BI can achieve this function for now... I also try that which I believe is more effective, however it doesn't work...

sirsh123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @jailenwong 

What did you do for the page level filters? Can you please explain?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,308)