Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kbachova
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sync slicers not working in Power BI desktop - multiple issues - anybody having the same issues?

Hi all,

I am creating a report that I will be sharing via service... trying to use the new february feature for syncing slicers, but I have experienced a few issues (and I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same and if yes, did you manage to fix it?)

1) In my report where I used to navigate via pages using DRILLTHROUGH functionality (to drillthrough to a location and a client), I created a date slicer, location slicer and customer slicer and set it up so that they do not show, but sync across all my tabs (3 in total), so that I can have an intro page, where a consumer of my report can select date range, location and customer and once they do, this selection will be synced across my tabs.

Unfortunately using multiple slicers synced across multiple tabs does not seem to be working in this case (even if I removed the drillthrough filters from the individual pages). The whole report collapses and I am not able to see any content anymore even if I also remove the sync slicers functionality. This seems like a bug: looks like power bi desktop cached the settings of synced slicers and because I deleted the original slicers, even if I create new ones, no content is being filtered and I just see blank visuals...

2) So what I did next I closed the whole report and opened it again and tried to refresh the data, duplicatee the pages hoping that it would solve my problems... unfortunately with no luck.

Anyone facing the same issue like me? ANyone has an explanation or a suggestion for what I could try to make it work? Even if just let the drillthrough navigation working back again (as that does not work on this report anymore).

Thanks for any help.

Kristina

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same EXACT issue. I have slicers syncing across tabs and for some reason it is not working as expected. Definitely something to do with slicers. POWER BI WHERES THE HELP 

I confimr: same bug for me, same solution: delete range date filter....

Strange.

apranko
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Kristina,

I essentially have the same problem. 

I had a working report with ~20 tabs. Then I decided to synch all slicers on all tabs. After that I experienced a number of issues:

* sometimes after making a selection on one of the slicers I cannot undo it and make another selection

* even if I remove all slicers from a particular tab, I still see the effect of those slicers on visuals on that tab. Replacing removed slicers with new ones doesn't help

* after I tried unsyncing the slicers through View->Sync Slicers ->unchecking the box, things got even worse at multiple levels:

** slicers on other pages of the report stoped showing available options (this happens seemingly at random: slicers work on some pages, but not on other pages)

** some pages stopped showing results for visuals which previously worked just fine

** I sent my report to a colleague, who had similar issues his laptop. So, it's not related to the power bi desktop installation on my laptop.

Overall, I'm very frustrated... I wasted two days trying to figure out what is going on and could not find any solution. A working report with more than 20 pages is now completely screwed.

Sorry that I could not help you, but I still wanted to post my comment so that the support team pays more attention to the issue.

I believe that there is a major bug in the way how the "Sync slicers" option is implemented.

Thanks,

Alex.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem and have wasted a day re building all the slicer... i'm going to back and rebuild the whole workbook.. this is a huge bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing similar problems. Created a slicer, synched it across other pages, deleted the slicer and now the deleted slicer filtered value is still acting upon the tabs it was previously synched with. There is no aparent way to unfiltered these pages now. Recreating the slicer did not help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that if you create a new page in the report then copy visualizations from the affected page to the new page the viz will no longer retain the filter.

Also i have the same problem with sync slicers  any resolution? 

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kbachova,

After test, I can not reproduce your scenario, please update your desktop to latest version and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.