I am creating a report that I will be sharing via service... trying to use the new february feature for syncing slicers, but I have experienced a few issues (and I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same and if yes, did you manage to fix it?)
1) In my report where I used to navigate via pages using DRILLTHROUGH functionality (to drillthrough to a location and a client), I created a date slicer, location slicer and customer slicer and set it up so that they do not show, but sync across all my tabs (3 in total), so that I can have an intro page, where a consumer of my report can select date range, location and customer and once they do, this selection will be synced across my tabs.
Unfortunately using multiple slicers synced across multiple tabs does not seem to be working in this case (even if I removed the drillthrough filters from the individual pages). The whole report collapses and I am not able to see any content anymore even if I also remove the sync slicers functionality. This seems like a bug: looks like power bi desktop cached the settings of synced slicers and because I deleted the original slicers, even if I create new ones, no content is being filtered and I just see blank visuals...
2) So what I did next I closed the whole report and opened it again and tried to refresh the data, duplicatee the pages hoping that it would solve my problems... unfortunately with no luck.
Anyone facing the same issue like me? ANyone has an explanation or a suggestion for what I could try to make it work? Even if just let the drillthrough navigation working back again (as that does not work on this report anymore).
Thanks for any help.
I am experiencing similar problems. Created a slicer, synched it across other pages, deleted the slicer and now the deleted slicer filtered value is still acting upon the tabs it was previously synched with. There is no aparent way to unfiltered these pages now. Recreating the slicer did not help.
I found that if you create a new page in the report then copy visualizations from the affected page to the new page the viz will no longer retain the filter.
I essentially have the same problem.
I had a working report with ~20 tabs. Then I decided to synch all slicers on all tabs. After that I experienced a number of issues:
* sometimes after making a selection on one of the slicers I cannot undo it and make another selection
* even if I remove all slicers from a particular tab, I still see the effect of those slicers on visuals on that tab. Replacing removed slicers with new ones doesn't help
* after I tried unsyncing the slicers through View->Sync Slicers ->unchecking the box, things got even worse at multiple levels:
** slicers on other pages of the report stoped showing available options (this happens seemingly at random: slicers work on some pages, but not on other pages)
** some pages stopped showing results for visuals which previously worked just fine
** I sent my report to a colleague, who had similar issues his laptop. So, it's not related to the power bi desktop installation on my laptop.
Overall, I'm very frustrated... I wasted two days trying to figure out what is going on and could not find any solution. A working report with more than 20 pages is now completely screwed.
Sorry that I could not help you, but I still wanted to post my comment so that the support team pays more attention to the issue.
I believe that there is a major bug in the way how the "Sync slicers" option is implemented.
I was finally able to fix my issue. There is no apparent logic in how it was resolved. I just accidentally came across this solution which worked after trying a number of other steps. Here are the steps that I tried that DIDN'T work (just for information):
* un-sync all slicers
* create new page and copy visuals from an old tab to this new page
* delete some of slicers and re-place them by newly created slicers
* change ranges/options on slicers (in my case some of the slicers didn't show any availbale options)
* re-fresh report
* close/open report
* open report on another laptop
What DID work after all was a single slicer that I removed. After trying all of the steps above I decided to completely recreate the report by building all visuals from scratch on new pages . And at that time I noticed that if I add a particular slicer (in my case it was a Date Range slicer) to that new page, then everything would stop working on that new page. After that I went back to old all tabs and removed this slicer from all of them. This immediately resolved all of my issues.
The moral of the story is that SYNC Slicer option does some funky things under the hood so that it alters relationships between all slicers and visuals in a way that cannot be fixed by undoing the sync. To fix it you'll need to find that offending slicer and remove it completely. If the number of slicers in your report is small, then I would suggest to remove all of them and then re-create them, it is still simpler then re-doing visuals.
I am having the same EXACT issue. I have slicers syncing across tabs and for some reason it is not working as expected. Definitely something to do with slicers. POWER BI WHERES THE HELP
I have to confirm that this issue still exists in the May release of PowerBI Desktop!
My report has 8 pages and on the first page I select 2 different forecast runs (out of 30) that I want to compare with each other. So I made 2 tables 'Current' and 'Previous' each with all the 30 available RunID's, used those as input for 2 slicers and synced them over the whole report.
At some stage - probably after adding a new page and trying to sync that one too - the 'Current' slicer stopped working. I added table visuals to the different pages to inspect the 'Current' data table and got either all 30 RunID's or nothing ('blank') or some previously selected value. So more or less every page had a different selection stored from that synced slicer but I wasn't able to change that.
WORKAROUND: I made 2 new tables with different names 'Current Run' and 'Previous Run', used those as input to 2 new selection slicers on a new first page, synced them over the whole report and everything was working again.
Obviously I'll be very careful with adding new things to the report since the 'slicer syncing' still has this bug that will hopefully be acknowledged and fixed by the developers soon.