Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shpz
Regular Visitor

Sync slicer not working - Hierarchy Slicer

Hi,

We are using Hierarchy Slicer in our report. This Slicer is in multiple tabs and are in sync in all the tabs. though sync functionality between tabs works in most of the scenarios, it doesn't work when "Select All" option is chosen/ All the items are selected. 

Ex: slicer is there and synced between let's Tab1 and Tab2 in a Report

Case 1: when a single item/ multiple but not all items are selected in slicer in Tab1, it synced with Tab2

Case 2: when no items are selected in Slicer in Tab1, it is synced with Tab2

Case 3: when All items are selected in slicer in Tab1, it is NOT synced with Tab2.
Any solution/ workaround

10 REPLIES 10
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shpz ,

Have your issue be resolved?Could you please provide more details about it If it still not be soleved? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue 😞 I've tested all the above mentioned solutions and none is working, there is still an instable behaviour, not synchronizing between tabs.

Any other idea ?

Thanks a lot, AnneSo

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you please post your PBIX file? then ill take a look at it 🙂

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric, 

I would be more than happy to learn how to share my pbix 🙂 I have saved it but don't know when writing this message how to attached a document ? 

Moreover, I am not sure if there are special manipulations to do so that you can have access to all my data ? should I export/publish somewhere instead of only saving the report ?

Thanks a lot for your help, AnneSo

Hey @Anonymous 

You should indeed make sure there is NO sensitive data in the report you send me at all. Maybe even create a fake report with made up data that can represent your current report. 

After that you should save the report and upload it to your onedrive, dropbox, googledrive or any other uploading website that you have. Then share that link here for me to download. 

Eric

Quality over Quantity

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are both slicers exactly the same? i.e. does tab 2 also have the "select all" option? if so, i cannot think of anything that would cause it. Did you already try to just copy the Tab1 slicer again and sync? Just to be sure they are identical?

Goodluck.

Quality over Quantity

Hi @EricHulshof 

This slicer is there in almost 15 pages but is exactly the same all the pages have "Select All" option, however it may / may not have all the items (values) in every page. Sync works when none/ one item is selected breaks only on "Select All". Yes, I have tried removing it from everypage and syncing again, it didn't fix the issue. Thank you.

may / may not have all the items (values) in every page

I believe this is the problem. If one slicers is affected by others slicers(selections or filters) it ofcourse cannot use the select all option, cuz they aint all there. 

Although im not 100% sure. Could you test this with your data? i.e. find 2 pages with the same values and test if it works there.

Quality over Quantity

Hi @EricHulshof 

This occured to me when I looked at your initial response and was quite hopeful and I tried this with 2 pages having same items, but I can still see the issue in this scenario too. Thanks.

Hi @shpz ,

Does the slicers of different pages are using same fields? We can try to group slicers into same group in sync slicers if they are using same field.

13.jpg14.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.