Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DanielLinda
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sync between Slicer filter and Highlighted Data on Graph

Hi All,

I'm in a tough situation to make report.

One of my trouble is making sync between slicer filter and highlighted data on graph.

My client wants to choose a product with slicer and from graph both.

More to the point, when user selects one product from graph or chart, the selected data should also selected on Slicer like

when user select data from slicer the data is highlighted.

If it is not possible in Power BI, is there alternative way to make it satisfied?

Any idea will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@DanielLinda it is a not recommended solution but set the cross filter to both in the relationship between your data table and the slicer table, one product is selected in the visual, the slicer will only show the selected values instead of all the values.

There are performance implications for cross filter direction to both.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks, I applied cross filter but it doens't make it.

To give my situation clearly, please refer to below image.

When user select a data from table, the same data shoule be selected in the Slicer at the same time automatically.

Can cross filter make this process?

image.pngimage.png

Hi @DanielLinda ,

The slicers in Power BI don't work that way.

What you can do is, convert your slicer DISCIPLINE into a table visual with this single column in it. Give it a look and feel of a slicer as you have shown in your screenshot. Use this table-based slicer as a slicer on your dashboard.

So, in your above table when you select a value for DISCIPLINE = Electrical, the table-based slicer will get filtered and show only Electrical. 

Let me know if this workaround helps.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

I understood it cannot be possible and there is absolute difference between filter(select from slicer) and highlight(select from visual).

Then, Is it possible make sync between slicer and slicer?

For example, when user select product code from "product code slicer", the corresponding product name should be automatically selected in "product name slicer".

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find any answer? I wonder if this is possible too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.