Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeseng
Helper II
Helper II

Sync Slicer and show the value in a tooltip page?

Hi!

I have a report with 2 pages (so far), one report page and one tooltip page.

On the report page I have a slicer with different districts in Gothenburg, when the user selectes a district the page shows all kinds om data for that particulare district. 

The tooltip page is accessed by hoovering over a "button" (a drawn rectangel where I use the "?" to show the tooltip) that says "ANALYSSTÖD OCH KOMMENTARER" (basically: read comments). What I want is for the slicer with the district on the report page to sync to the tooltip page, and to show just the selected area, I do NOT want to show the acual slicer again (since I dont want the user to be able to select a differnt district), with seems to be the option under the "Sync slicer" pane..?

Power BI help with slicer.png

Is MUST be possible right? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jeseng ,

Whether you can download successfully? If yes, please open it with Power BI Desktop. And you can follow the steps in the below screen shot to achieve it:

1. Create a sync slicer

2. Create a measure which used for getting the selected values in the slicer

3. Put the measure onto a card visual

Sync Slicer and selected values.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jeseng , If you do want a filter on report tooltip page - then use measure with all or remove the filter

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/five-recent-power-bi-functions-you-should-use-more-often-amit-chandak

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @jeseng ,

Just wondering, if rather than keeping your tootip pn the bottom of the page, what if you keep the tooltip on your map on the top left. As your map is getting filtered with your district slicer, the custom tooltip on this map will also get filtered for the selected slicer.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi!

I'm not sure I follow, the map shows the selected area. What I want is for the user to know that he/she can find more information about the selected district, which I thought a big butten saying "Please read more here" was a good way 🙂

I'm not sure you understand what my problem was? On my tooltip page I want the user to clearly see which the chosen district was, without being able to choose a differnt one.

Hi @jeseng ,

I just created a sample pbix file for you, please check if it is what you want.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thankt you! Unfortunately I wasn't able to open the file, the message said "Damaged file or".

I'm going to take a break from this problem and work on an other report for a while 😉

Hi @jeseng ,

Sorry for bringing your inconvenience. Please check whether you can open this sample file successfully. Any comment or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Rena

I've tried opening and saving it, without success, "The file is damaged or invalid", sorry.

Hi @jeseng ,

Whether you can download successfully? If yes, please open it with Power BI Desktop. And you can follow the steps in the below screen shot to achieve it:

1. Create a sync slicer

2. Create a measure which used for getting the selected values in the slicer

3. Put the measure onto a card visual

Sync Slicer and selected values.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.