Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HHutton8

Switching the primary and secondary axis in a line and stacked column chart

Hi,

I've created a line and stacked column chart. Is it possible to switch the secondary axis to show the stacked column and the primary axis showing the line chart? Currently it is the other way round and I can't figure out how to change it.

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HHutton8 ,

You could change the position setting under format pane.

1.jpg

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @HHutton8 ,

In this cae, I assume, when you say change the primary axis to secondary axis and vice versa. In the visual, usually the data helps us identify the line and column values.

So theoratically, interchanging the measure between line and column values should change the axis

How do I change the measure between the line and column values?

Hi,

You can just interchange the values in the visual for column and line. The Below 2 Screenshots show how they change with change in the visual values

SS1:

Thejeswar_0-1647859162470.png

SS2:

Thejeswar_1-1647859198629.png

The problem with this though, by switching the values the data I want to keep as a bar chart becomes a line chart, and the data I want to keep as a line chart becomes a bar chart. Does that make sense?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you share more information?  

screen shot of what you have done

example of what you are looking for.  

also an explanation of what you are trying to achieve.  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

HHutton8_0-1647858150135.png

See screenshot above. Currently the primary axis is B/O which shows the bars. I want to move this axis to the secondary axis (right hand side) and move the MWH axis (which shows the line chart) to become the primary axis on the left hand side.

Hope that makes sense. Cheers for your quick reply.

did you remove the screenshot?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I found in the newest version (April 2022) that the option for switching the y-axis positions is this button highlighted below:

TimDyeson_0-1650991195952.png

Thank you for this answer. It should be marked as the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors