Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DM_BI
Helper III
Helper III

Switch true does not keep the format of my measure

Hello,

I am using a a SelectMeasure so that the user can filter by the indicator he wants (facturation or sales). But by using switch true I lose the format of [sales] (which should appear as an entire number). Both facturation and sales appear with "€" at the end. Here is my formula :

Indicateur_gestión = IF(ISCROSSFILTERED(SelectMeasure[Measure_gestión]);
SWITCH(TRUE();
VALUES(SelectMeasure[Measure_gestión])="Facturación";[Fact YTD_gestión];
VALUES(SelectMeasure[Measure_gestión])="Sales";[Sales YTD_Gestión];BLANK());BLANK())

How to tell DAX that I want the facturation to be in euros and the sales to be entire numbers? Is it possible? I tried with FORMAT inside VALUES or outside VALUES but it does not work...

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DM_BI ,

As I mentioned above, using FORMAT function will force the returned data type by measure to be converted to Text. It is not supported to add Text value into "Value" section of a chart.

In your scenario, to achieve such a conditional format in Chart visual, it is not available now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DM_BI,

Please modify the measure formula as:

Indicateur =
IF (
    ISCROSSFILTERED ( SelectMeasure[Measure] ),
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        VALUES ( SelectMeasure[Measure] ) = "Facturation", FORMAT ( [Sum_fact], "Currency" ),
        VALUES ( SelectMeasure[Measure] ) = "Number of sales", FORMAT ( [Sum_number of sales], "General Number" ),
        BLANK ()
    ),
    BLANK ()
)

However, the data type of returned result by this measure will be converted to Text.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thank you, it works in the sample! My card show now the currency or general number. But it's weird that in my graph now I don't see any value... And in the sample it is impossible to drop the measure "Indicateur" to the value field of the chart. 

Here is the link 

Thank you for your help,

DM

Hi @DM_BI ,

As I mentioned above, using FORMAT function will force the returned data type by measure to be converted to Text. It is not supported to add Text value into "Value" section of a chart.

In your scenario, to achieve such a conditional format in Chart visual, it is not available now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hello Yuliana,

Ok I got it thank you. Is there any idea to vote it ?

Best regards,

DM

DM_BI
Helper III
Helper III

You can see the problem in this pbix file : https://db.tt/tUBU6kkquf

When you select "facturation", the card on the left does not show that it is actually in euros.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me fix this...

DM

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.