Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ragnarock1982
Frequent Visitor

Switch to user view?

Morning all,

Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to switch a PowerBI desktop report to 'User view' (web version of report), without actually publishing the report?

Basically, I want to be able to showcase a big report that I have made to our management team, without publishing it.

Once they have agreed, I can publish it.

Unfortunately, the Desktop version of reports means that I have to click CTRL+Click to follow links etc. and visuals have the 'box' around them when clicked on.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ragnarock1982,

Actually, I haven't found any obviously difference between report of view web version and desktop version. If you mean dashboard, current it can only be designed on power bi service side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no way to do this in desktop, the closest you can get is publishing it to your own workspace and use that for testing that everything works as expected in the service. This means only you can access it unless you share it with someone directly.

What is the reason you cannot publish it till management approves it? Are you not able to publish it without approval or are you just not able to share it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.