Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch slicer: make tooltip label change when data changes

Hi PBI community,

I have a graph, and it uses measures to switch between different datasets (so click the slicer and it switches between [SA Emp Employment (FTE) measure] or [SA RVA measure]).

e.g. SA Emp/RVA switch = If(Max('Switch Slicer'[Number])=1,[SA Emp Employment (FTE) measure],[SA RVA measure])

Unfortunately the tooltip name doesn't change when dataset 2 ([SA RVA measure])is selected. Is there a way for the tooltip to switch so that it reflects the slicer selection?

In the below screenshot employment has been selected in the LHS slicer and the tooltip correctly displays the name as employment. 

Brent_C_2-1631786949833.png

However, in this screenshot Value added has been selected but the tooltip remains showing the same name. Ideally, I want it to show "Value added".

Brent_C_1-1631786849729.png

It's showing the name in the "size" field well (below). I have no idea how that might change with the switch, but there could be a work around. Ideas, suggestions welcome!

Brent_C_3-1631788503205.png

Cheers,

Brent

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your last screenshot, you are putting the Employment (FTE) in the field. The tooltips will always show the column/measure name instead of the selected value in the slicer. You may consider to create a tooltip page instead.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , It might be showing the measure name. I doubt you can change the measure name in this display.

But you can create a tooltip page, there you can have a display like that https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Build with card visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.