Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jockefe
Helper II
Helper II

Switch measure based on slicer

I have a report that is using a ssas multidimensional cube as data source (live connection)

I have two amount measures (local amount and euro amount)

I want to have a slicer that I can use the controll if the local or euro measure should be used in the vizuals

Is this posdible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You wil have to create the disconnected role playing dimension in the cube in the SSAS MD cube and use scoping or calculated measures to display the appropriate measure based on the currentmember of the role playing dimension

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jockefe

You can do this using a disconnected table. And if you are doing this with DirectQuery I am not 100% sure if you can create the table. But if you can, follow this blog post below which explains how to achieve this.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Power BI Blog

@guavaq wrote:

Hi @jockefe

You can do this using a disconnected table. And if you are doing this with DirectQuery I am not 100% sure if you can create the table. But if you can, follow this blog post below which explains how to achieve this.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Hi

not sure if this will work in case where I use a live connection to an OLAP mutidim database

Am I able to create the new measures?

You wil have to create the disconnected role playing dimension in the cube in the SSAS MD cube and use scoping or calculated measures to display the appropriate measure based on the currentmember of the role playing dimension

I hope this helps,
Richard

Hi ,

I m facing same issue ,can you please tell how you have created scope and calculated measures in cube to display the appropriate measure based on the currentmember of the role playing dimension

Hi @atul9063,

The following Blog Post by Marco Russo, describes in detail how to implement a time intelligence table in SSAS Multi Dimensional

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/marco_russo/archive/2007/09/02/datetool-dimension-an-alternative-time-intel...

I hope that helps

I hope this helps,
Richard

Thanks

@richbenmintz wrote:

Thanks, I think what I need to do is to create a measure that will return different "measures" depending on a dimension value

Hi @jockefe,

the feature that was released in the May Power BI Update allowing you to create measures against live SSAS sources does not work with MD cubes

"You won’t be able to create measures when connected to Multidimensional cubes, but we’ll consider this for a future release based on your feedback".

You will have to go back to the MD source and make the change there to support your requirement

I hope this helps,
Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.