cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seward12533 New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Switch X Axis column through a slicer filter

Ok, I'll monitor this thread so if you figure something out please post as the only way I have done this is  a bunch of charts and bookmarks.  Honestly even making 20 copies of a chart and buttons to select which one is pretty quick and easy though not elegent it works and is the only way I have yet figured out.  Could do the bookmarks to switch the X axis and then use multiple tabs to handl the by Area, Product etc... 

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thanks for the input though I appreciate it. I would normally agree with you but this will become a maintnance nightmare when they are going to make adjustments to these so then I would need to do that X 20 make sense?

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

another idea I had was creating dynamic labeling if that was possible. this then would cut it to a 5 charts regardless ( just for the date options)

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

so, almost there I have everything working except quarters. Does anyone know the proper way to use the M(Power Query Lanagugage) to do something like this equivilant in excel/PBI Measures ? 

Quarter 

DateFormat = year('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])&"-Q"&ROUNDUP(MONTH('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])/3,0)

Month

Dateformat =year('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])&"-"&MONTH('month Dates'[DateValue])

I have not been able to find this out yet.

New Contributor

Date.QuarterOfYear([Registration Date]), Int64.Type)

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

ok-- I figured it out, in case others need this!!

= Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Custom.1", each Text.From(Date.Year([Measure]))&"-"&Text.From(Date.Month([Measure]))) 

BOOM DONE.

I will keep you updated on final solution.

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi All, I solved the process and it works just fine now.  I will have to make a dummy data set later so other people can use the technique that I came up with. 

New Contributor

That woudl be AWSOME!! there are several fairly robust sample data models out there - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/sample-datasets

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I will check that out, I am also working on dynamic labeling right now-- didnt see much out there.... but maybe its not possible?

New Contributor

Can do dynamic tiles and text boxes but I know of no way to use DAX in a lablel name or any other way to make it dynamic.  I'm sure there is an idea out there.. IF not there should be - if you create one let me know and I'll vote for it!