Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

htaunay
Employee
Employee

Switch X Axis column through a slicer filter

Hi PowerBI experts,

I am currently working with a dataset where each line represents information of a specific hour, and would like to plot such data grouped by days, weeks or months, given the users interest.

The grouping of the data is achieved by creating custom columns (DAY, WEEK and MONTH) and setting such columns as the X Axis of my plots. However, in this solution I am forced to have 3 different plots for each time slice, when the ideal solution would involve a slicer filter where I could select a time slice and the plot would update automatically.

Specifically, and function/trigger that could alter a plot's X Axis through a checkbox would work for me. Is this type of behavior supported by PowerBI?

Thanks in advance!

23 REPLIES 23

this works great except in cases where you add weekend date and quarter and the dates correspond with a month end for example.

Then you are not allowed to sort by the column because it does not have a unique value. any ideas?

the Datekey is joined to the date table but the time value order is what is being used to sort. you see it will not work as there is not a unique value. 

AttributeDateControlDateKeyValueTime Value Order
Month18/1/2021 0:008/1/20215137
WeekEnd08/1/2021 0:008/1/20214935

Great post.

Are you sure there is no other way? like we used to do with MDX? by replacing sets?

Any work around for this, using DAX with SWITCH?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.