cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seward12533 New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Switch X Axis column through a slicer filter

Ok, I'll monitor this thread so if you figure something out please post as the only way I have done this is  a bunch of charts and bookmarks.  Honestly even making 20 copies of a chart and buttons to select which one is pretty quick and easy though not elegent it works and is the only way I have yet figured out.  Could do the bookmarks to switch the X axis and then use multiple tabs to handl the by Area, Product etc... 

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

thanks for the input though I appreciate it. I would normally agree with you but this will become a maintnance nightmare when they are going to make adjustments to these so then I would need to do that X 20 make sense?

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

another idea I had was creating dynamic labeling if that was possible. this then would cut it to a 5 charts regardless ( just for the date options)

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

so, almost there I have everything working except quarters. Does anyone know the proper way to use the M(Power Query Lanagugage) to do something like this equivilant in excel/PBI Measures ? 

Quarter 

DateFormat = year('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])&"-Q"&ROUNDUP(MONTH('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])/3,0)

Month

Dateformat =year('Quarter Dates'[DateValue])&"-"&MONTH('month Dates'[DateValue])

I have not been able to find this out yet.

New Contributor

Date.QuarterOfYear([Registration Date]), Int64.Type)

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

ok-- I figured it out, in case others need this!!

= Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Custom.1", each Text.From(Date.Year([Measure]))&"-"&Text.From(Date.Month([Measure]))) 

BOOM DONE.

I will keep you updated on final solution.

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi All, I solved the process and it works just fine now.  I will have to make a dummy data set later so other people can use the technique that I came up with. 

New Contributor

That woudl be AWSOME!! there are several fairly robust sample data models out there - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/sample-datasets

mws5872 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I will check that out, I am also working on dynamic labeling right now-- didnt see much out there.... but maybe its not possible?

New Contributor

Can do dynamic tiles and text boxes but I know of no way to use DAX in a lablel name or any other way to make it dynamic.  I'm sure there is an idea out there.. IF not there should be - if you create one let me know and I'll vote for it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 133 members 1,932 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: