Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Swiching to a different value when using Row Level Security

Hi Everyone, 

Problem:   I have a very nice report that shows our company's YTD vs annual budget using the standard gauge visual.  

The challenge is that I have 6 diffferent sales teams...all using row level security by team....and when they view the report the visual still shows their YTD totals versus the overall budget.   

So I have two questions: 

1.   I am guessing I need to create a measure that somehow filters by each team's budget versus the total ytd.   Not sure how to do that...maybe using allexcept?   

2.   Once I have this, assuming that is what I need to do....I am not sure how to have it show up per each RLS team.   I guess I would assign the RLS to that particular table in the "manage roles" area?   

Any guidance would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

First i need to confirm the requirement with you:

Sale team A should see their team's YTD sales and annual budget(of team A),

But currently, you report show annual budget(of team A) and all teams' YTD sales, right?

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie, 

Almost.  

Currently they see the gauge visual showing  an annual revenue target of 100 million...which is our company annual target.   And they see the how much YTD sales their team has  (based on the RLS settings).    So the percentage showing in the gauge visual is their YTD total versus the overall company's target.  

What they should be seeing instead, is their YTD total vs  the team's annual target.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.