Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djankuna
Frequent Visitor

SurveyMonkey Connector - blank fields in an open ended answer

Hi!

i managed to connect one of our SurveyMonkey surveys to the Power BI.

Problem - blank fields in the dataset where it shouldn't (it is understandable if data is MISSING, but in that case - survey participant chose open ended answer, which is displayed in 2 collumns in a dataset, but one of them is bank). 

e.g.

djankuna_1-1628072643046.png (question in SurveyMonkey)

djankuna_2-1628072659983.png data i see in Power BI (blank fields - which can mean a) missing answer b) the open ended answer was selected. 

if i transform data 'blanks' to 'unknown' - then it takes the real data as well (which is known).

which at the end will look something like this:

djankuna_5-1628073121110.png

is there a way how to fix it? 

because funnily enough, if i download the dataset from SurveyMonkey it is dispplayed in a correct way that you can work with.

djankuna_3-1628072876722.png and djankuna_4-1628072905898.png

this is an ongoing survey therefore working purely with an excel sheet might be complited to upload this every time.

any solutions on this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djankuna ,

I don't have a SurveyMonkey Enterprise license and can't try to reproduce the issue for you. ☹️

Have you tried other connectors? For example, Publish Real-Time SurveyMonkey Data to PowerBI.com (cdata.com).

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

djankuna
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to follow instructions, but from get data part the only option I have is just SurveyMonkey (I currently using), not CData SurveyMonkey. 

djankuna_0-1630303536261.png

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djankuna ,

It is needed to install the Power BI Connector creates a DSN (data source name) called CData Power BI SurveyMonkey. This may require additional charges. Please choose according to the actual situation.

Icey_0-1630311698566.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.