Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattTheVV
Regular Visitor

Surface Book 2 + Surface Pen + Power BI: not able to work on my station

Hi,

Thanks for a killer product -- it's a real productivity booster (coming from Tableau).

Everything mentioned below works when using the mouse. I'm only experiencing issues with the pen / using touch on my Surface Book 2, running the september version; I've only recently adopted PBI, so cannot say if this was working before or not.

The following occurs:

• Cannot resize panes (change width the visualisations/bookmarks/fields panes), fully hiding (the button) works.
  • Cannot move visualisations further than ~ 2 mm on my screen, just stops moving.
  • Cannot click & drag fields from the pane to filters, a visualisation -- anything other than clicking the checkmark doesn't work.

This could be a killer combo, it currently isn't. Is it my machine, or a settings issue, or are we simply not supposed to use the pen for Power BI? Hope the latter isn't the case, unfortunately wrist issues force me to use it rather than my mouse.

Regards,

Matt

Note 

I've found some earlier mentions that cover some of what I'm experiencing -- insinuating that it should've been fixed?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/No-dragging-with-Surface-Pro-3-pen-in-PBI-Service-Desktop/m...

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattTheVV,

Please create a ticket for help from here.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.