Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkpcr5
Helper II
Helper II

Super simple question about table relationships and rows disappearing

Hi there. Feeling like a total newbie asking this, but here goes.

I have two tables, IssueLinks and Issues, with a many-to-one relationship; Issues filters IssueLinks.

relationshiptable.PNG

I have 3 Issues.ISSUE_KEY records, as shown below. Of these 3 records, only 1 (SUP-4000) also exists in IssueLinks.

issuestable.PNG

When I add IssueLinks.ISSUE_KEY, only the record that exists in both Issues and IssueLinks appears:

bothtables.PNG

What I need to have happen instead is that, when I add IssueLinks.ISSUE_KEY to the same table visual, I want 1) all 3 rows from Issues.ISSUE_KEY to still appear, 2) show records in the IssueLinks.ISSUE_KEY column for matching records, and 3) for non-matching rows from IssueLinks, just show blanks.

This is the behavior I'd normally expect given the table relationship: Issues filters IssueLinks, not the other way around.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dkpcr5 there's an option in the value wells (where you drop in fields/measures) to show all data.  Right click on the field and check that option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dkpcr5 there's an option in the value wells (where you drop in fields/measures) to show all data.  Right click on the field and check that option.

Fabulous - that did it! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.