Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prashantPBI
Regular Visitor

Summing values in a field

Hi Everybody,

I am working on some Health and Safety Data - could you please help with my problem.

I have a cloumn for Safety Classifications, within the coulmn I have Safety Interactions, Good Catch, Near Miss, First Aid, OSHA Recordables.

I can do a count on them and their individual numbers -

Safety Interactions - 300

Good Catch - 250

NearMiss - 50

First Aid  - 10

OSHA Recordable - 2

What I want to do is sum up Safety Interactions and Good Catch to create a visual in my dashboard that is called Proactives - with a total of 550. How do I do this?

Thanks a ton. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understood...

Proactives = CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Safety Interactions" ) + 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Good Catch" )

If I not understood, can you show your data?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prashantPBI,

Create a new measure with the follwing code:

Proactives = COUNT(YOUR_TABLE[Safety Interactions]) + COUNT(YOUR_TABLE[Good Catch])

Hope it helps!

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks. But I should have been clearer. Both Safety Interactions and the Good Catch are within the same column in the table 

So my table name is Data Tracker - 

Column name is Safety Classification

The Safety Classification column has all the designations like Safety Interactions and Good Catch and I am having trouble summing that up. 

Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understood...

Proactives = CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Safety Interactions" ) + 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Good Catch" )

If I not understood, can you show your data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.