Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summing measure values from table

Hello,

I have got a problem. I wrote a measure that takes 3 different tbles into account and have over 5 calculate functions with different filters, allexcepts, distinct countrows,sums and so on in it.

If I will have a table that makes my measure work, is there a possibility to sum all of the cells from the table in other measure?

Below a screen of my table

01102018 screen table sum problem2.png

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share the pbix file to have a test?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am sorry for the delay, but i prepared raw data with this function for you to look up.

https://nestle-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/michal_radkowski_cppl_nestle_com/Documents/Bad%20Goo...

If you know how to do it faster/better or how to sum it up please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Radkos

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that I have no licnese to access your file:

1.PNG

Could you please upload your report to your OneDrive or Dropbox and send the link to me ?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again, 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik8sr8id8lkcspl/Bad%20Goods%20TEST.pbix?dl=0

I have a problem with sending this by dropbox, maybe this is a good link

Best Regards

affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are using table visual you can get the total of the column by default. If you are having trouble getting the total please share the pbix file 

Regards,

Affan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @affan

This case in not that simple, in the column we have a measure, that takes filtered rows from 3 different datasets, when i show total I have 0, because I cant put that measure on all table. here is my measure, so you could see, why i cant just sum it up.

Bad Goods Projected = IF(
CALCULATE(SUM('Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Value]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant],
'Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]>=[Min Aging Value]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]<[Max Aging Value]))/CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Merge1'),
ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant],'Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]>=[Min Aging Value]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]<[Max Aging Value]))
*CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant]),
- CALCULATE(SUM('Merge1'[Stock Location - Demand.Value]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[Stock Location - Demand.Week]<=[ActWeek]+[LAG]))/3<0
CALCULATE(SUM('Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Value]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant],
'Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]>=[Min Aging Value]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]<[Max Aging Value]))/CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Merge1'),
ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant],'Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),
*CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Merge1'[FreshNes of Inventory.Attribute2]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant]),
- CALCULATE(SUM('Merge1'[Stock Location - Demand.Value]),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant]),
FILTER('Merge1','Merge1'[Stock Location - Demand.Week]<=[ActWeek]+[LAG]))/3)

*CALCULATE(SUM('Merge1'[Price]), ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code]),'Merge1'[Plant])
/CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Merge1'),ALLEXCEPT('Merge1','Merge1'[Material],'Merge1'[Company code],'Merge1'[Plant]))

Best Regards

Radkos

Hi

You are right that it is not that simple to add the total, however if you can share the file I can give it a try.

Regards.

Affan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.