Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DianaCalk
Regular Visitor

Summing columns within a matrix

I want to sum 4 columns in my matrix. Rows are states, columns are grouped transaction types into categories "New Business, Renewals, EREs, and Endorsements." Values are premium delta filtered based on YTD using end of previous month data. I can't use a subtotal because I want to add more columns as well, like parallel time period for 2019, $ difference, % difference, persistency, and inforce premium.

Thanks in advance!

Diana

2 REPLIES 2
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are the columns in your matrix calculated columns, or measures ? When you say "I can't use a subtotal" do you mean you don't want the result of your calculation to appear in the bottom line of the matrix ? If you have 4 columns that are measures you should be able to write a new measure that adds those four measures together:

Sub Total = [col1] + [col2] + [col3] + [col4]

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!