Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summing Multiple Visual Slicers

I'm not sure this is possible and am open to other solutions.......but I am trying to make a report that allows management to select how many people will work on each of our programs. I have how each of those decisions will affect the goals of each team. (Example: If you put 3 people on Program A, you will meet all goals but if you drop it to 2 people, you will only hit 2 of 3 goals.) Because of this, I have to have all the program's data on different tabs and have a different slicer for each program (as the number of employees on one program will not effect the goals of a different program.) What I need to accomplish (and can't figure out how) is to notify management when they have "placed" all employees with a program. Ideally, I want to just sum the number selected on each of my slicers and have something turn green when they all sum to 52 employees. But I can't find a way to sum the number selected in a slicer. Again, I'm open to any solution that will quickly show they have accounted for all employees without counting too many. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You should be able to use MAX or SELECTEDVALUE to get the number out of each slicer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You should be able to use MAX or SELECTEDVALUE to get the number out of each slicer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to use SELECTEDVALUE and just add them all together. This is PERFECT!!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve never used those before. Can you provide an example?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.