Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summerizecolumns yields wrong results

Hi

I create a table using the DAX expression

RegionalOverallPerformance = 
// An intermediate table to show the Ranking by the Overall performance of Regions
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
    dimRegionsCountries[Region],
    "OveralPerformanceYTD", [Overall Performance YTD],
)

I get the table with the columns I want but the results of the two measures are incorrect, compared to the table visual.

Only the first record is correct.

What might be the reason?

Thank you,

Tamir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Tamir,

The [Overall Performance YTD] seems to evaluate along the dates while you don't have a date context in the new table. 

What's the expected result?

Did the table visual have the same column against the new table?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Tamir,

The [Overall Performance YTD] seems to evaluate along the dates while you don't have a date context in the new table. 

What's the expected result?

Did the table visual have the same column against the new table?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Your answer pointed me to the time element direction and the culprit was found to be a year field = 2018 in the page level filter.

I added that FILTER condition in the calculated table and that solved the problem.

However, I don't understand why does the page level filter has no effect on the calculated table.

Thank you,

Tamir

Hi Tamir,

That's great. First of all, the filters and the slicers don't work with the calculated tables. The calculated table is the source of the report just like other data tables. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Hi Dale,

I don't follow your answer.

Page level filter does affect "regular" tables. Why not calculated tables?

Thank you 

Tamir

Hi Tamir,

Page Level Filter doesn't affect "regular" tables that are the data sources rather than the Table visuals. Please refer to the snapshot below. Generally, we can take the calculated tables as regular tables.  

Summerizecolumns-yields-wrong-results

Best Regards,
Dale

Thank you Dale,

I understand better now.

However, it seems that the page filter does not affect the Table Visual that is based on the calculated table.

Regards,

Tamir

Hi @Tamiri,

That could be an issue. Can you share an example? It's good in my side. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Summerizecolumns-yields-wrong-results2

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

In the page filter, I put the Year field and set it to 2018. 

In my table visual, that is based on the calculated table, there is no date.

I guess that is the reason...

However, I thought that that calculated table will be affected by that date page filter since it should filter the dates of the calendar which feeds the measures that are used to build the calculated table.

Thank you,

Tamir

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.