Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ejoneslor
Helper II
Helper II

Summation of values between two dates in visual

I have a measure provided from help in another thread which gives me a daily total of revenue, per day, between two dates based on a status. That measure looks as below

VAR A =

MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )

RETURN

CALCULATE (

SUM ( 'Revision Info'[Daily Hire] ),

ALLSELECTED ( 'Revision Info'[Project_Name] ),

'Revision Info'[StartDate] <= A,

'Revision Info'[EndDate] > A,

'Revision Info'[StageCode_Name] = "Won",

'Revision Info'[ContractType_Name] ="Hire"

)

I'd like to create a visual that shows the total sum of those values by status, this would be as either a pie chart or stacked column. As the two dates stagger mulitple years I'd like to repeat this graphic but use the filter to restrict each to a particular financial year.

When i use the measure in the visual it only dislpays the sinlge day figure ofr the MAX value in my original date range. How do I show the summation of all days in the range?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ejoneslor
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for the reply.

My case varies to the exampe you've linked as I haven't got a static table of data to refer to, I have a measure which calculates on data refresh.

I have tried many, many different ways to reply to you with an example of what I need but this forum will not let me insert an excel file mocking up what I need, it also won't let me upload an image of what I need and even when I use the embedded table wizard it won't let me post due to html issues so it seems I can't provide examples.

I can't even PM you with a dropbox file as my works firewall blocks file sharing.

I'm not sure how to describe it any clearer without those options above. But I'll try again as I really appreciate that you're trying to help me out.

I have a date table, this runs from 1st March 2020 to some time in 2025. I have a measure which calculates the total revenue we expect on each individual day in that range, it does this for earned revenue and expected revenue. I do not have a static table of values.

I need to show a visual of expected and earned revenue between two dates which I will set on the visual filter. How do I calculate the summations of my individual date measures between those dates?

Ed

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ejoneslor
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for the reply.

My case varies to the exampe you've linked as I haven't got a static table of data to refer to, I have a measure which calculates on data refresh.

I have tried many, many different ways to reply to you with an example of what I need but this forum will not let me insert an excel file mocking up what I need, it also won't let me upload an image of what I need and even when I use the embedded table wizard it won't let me post due to html issues so it seems I can't provide examples.

I can't even PM you with a dropbox file as my works firewall blocks file sharing.

I'm not sure how to describe it any clearer without those options above. But I'll try again as I really appreciate that you're trying to help me out.

I have a date table, this runs from 1st March 2020 to some time in 2025. I have a measure which calculates the total revenue we expect on each individual day in that range, it does this for earned revenue and expected revenue. I do not have a static table of values.

I need to show a visual of expected and earned revenue between two dates which I will set on the visual filter. How do I calculate the summations of my individual date measures between those dates?

Ed

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ejoneslor , not very clear. Do you want two date filters ?

if yes refer: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Can you please explain with an example. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.