Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

naveenvs
Frequent Visitor

Summary Table

This is how my base table data looks like

naveenvs_0-1599757391910.png

I needed to add an additonal column "Status" here which worked on a if statement. If (Pass=Total, 'Passed", "failed") and was successful in doing that. Here is howit looked like. 

Image2.PNG

Now I again have to build a summary table based on the status column and the Catefory to show how many subcategories have passed or failed. Please help. Ideally the table would look like below:

Image 3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @naveenvs ,

Select Count

1.jpg2.JPG

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @naveenvs ,

Use this as a Visualization in  matrix .

1.jpg

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Thanks for the reply. When I do that I still get the sum, but I am looking for the Count (which is the selection).

I assume it is because of the way I am caluckating status. This is what I getResult.PNG

Hi @naveenvs ,

Select Count

1.jpg2.JPG

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

@naveenvs - Did you check the aggregation on the column in your Values area (drop down arrow) and make sure it is set to Count. Or is this a measure?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.